Saturday, January 21, 2012

quickie recycling project for old cards

Before you get rid of all those beautiful cards you receive check and see if you like any of them enough to recycle them. The front of this card was quite a bit larger than I wanted so I cut it down and applied a sticker from the craft store with a foam pop dot to give it a bit of dimension. Now the card front is the right size to place on a new card and send out for another greeting. I make my cards by taking 8 1/2 x 11 card stock and cutting it in half on the long side. Each piece then folds in half to make a card. If the cardstock you choose is a dark color cut a piece of white or cream paper to fit inside for your greeting. Lightly tack the greeting in the inside of the card so it could potentially be used yet again if you send it to a crafty person or you could make a challenge of using old cards and see how many lives you and your friends could give them. I advise taking your old cards apart and throwing out the unusable portion (or shredding them to make more paper!) and taking your fronts to the craft store to shop for matching paper and stickers. If you buy blank cards at the store they come with matching envelopes. I am not sure how my friend, who is not a crafter, will feel about getting her card back but we will see.

2 comments:

  1. If you are in to paper crafts this is a really good idea. I like the recycle concepts as well as the fulfillment of the creative side of the equation. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reduce - reuse! What a great way to use up my old Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete