Saturday, January 7, 2012

Letterpress for the crafter

Here are my first three cards off my new Letterpress by Epic Crafts. I bought just the starter kit because I had read on the internet that the folder for the actual printing would work being passed through a Big Shot machine which I have and like very much. Hobby Lobby had a large display of the full line of Letterpress materials but for some reason has decided to stop carrying it. I was originally put off by the price of the complete kit. It was in the $169 range. This week I was able to get paper and plates and some inks for $1.50 to $5.39 on their clearance rack. Of all the geegaws they stock endlessly you would think this little beauty would have been given a better shot at succeeding. It works exactly as described and makes a lovely debossed image. There are some very nice and informative videos on Youtube and a hilarious one of a darling couple mass producing their wedding invitations. The wording of an invitation would have to be done on the computer and then the decorating on the letterpress. Love it! PS Keep your fingers off the inked designs for several hours. You will smear your design and clean-up with baby wipes.

1 comment:

  1. I just knew that you would master the Letterpress like you have on so many other paper, and fiber crafts. No that is wrong with you these aren't crafts they become art and with each new challenge you grow and improve as an artist. Your skills never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete