Monday, February 20, 2012

Now for something entirely different



This has been such a delightful project. This is by Kaisercraft and it is called a mini cubby. There is some basic assembly to do and then the fun begins. This is probably going to be the color that my box remains but it definitely is not the first color I painted it! The box itself is very sturdy and takes a lot of painting and cleaning and painting over without warping. The nine little boxes are a bit more fragile but still study enough for a lot of painting and gluing. The company even included an extra box to use if you have a problem or for a template for cutting the paper for the front. I just papered the front but you could do all four sides and even the bottom. I thought it might slide easier without the paper on the sides. I am still working on the top. I think I want it to look like a meadow with a birds' nest which I will build out of bits and pieces from the yard. This kit cost less than $15. to buy and provided me with hours of entertainment. I can hardly wait to start on my next one. This time I will paint all the parts with a color and make sure I am happy with it before assembling. Kaisercraft has several kits along the lines of this one.

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks absolutely beautiful on the mantle. I am so happy you made this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! I am going to order one right now - so inspired!!! LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES! Do not order. The birthday box coming your way will have a kit in it for you. Do I get a prize for not using any glitter on my box? (At least no glitter yet!)

    ReplyDelete