Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dapper Dillinger Trousers

My first real sewing project of the year - Figgy's Dapper Dillinger Flat Front Trousers!  Emmett's favorite color is green so I made these for him out of a light weight green corduroy with a contrasting patterned corduroy.  My model was very busy playing soldier / rock star but was happy to add these pants to his ensemble.  They are actually long enough but I had to tuck the shirt in so you could see the lovely flat front of these pants and that really yanked them up.

I have never - never - made pockets without sewing them somehow to the back of the pants but through careful work I finally accomplished it!  So simple!  These have really nice deep pockets perfect for Emmett's every growing rock collection and an elastic waist in the back for easy on and off.  I can hardly wait to make these again.

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing! Good job sewing. I am so impressed with your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you were the one who was never into crafts etc. Glad you came over to the dark side. DAD

    ReplyDelete