Sunday, May 27, 2012

This is an altered book page for the challenge from Prairie Stampers.  I said I would never do altered books but decided to give it a try.  The book had already had several pages done and it was a particularly uninteresting book, content wise.  These are my altered pages.  The background was sprayed with dye based re inkers that I diluted and put into little spritzer bottles.  Once that was dry I cut the pages down and adhered to the book.  Using three selections from the Graphic 45 collection of papers I began creating my scene.  I used my Cricut for the fence and trellis.  It was fun to do.  I decided I really wanted some dimension so I made a bouquet of 24 g beading wire and twisted that together.  I made a 45 degree bend and glued that into the binding.  The butterflies were cut with the Cricut and glued to the wires.  They lay flat when the book is closed and can be manipulated when it is open. 
     Now I am going to make some booklets out of file folders...if I can just find the directions.

1 comment: